Saturday, September 4, 2010

She's at the MTC


Well, she's at the MTC. She went in on Wednesday at 1:30pm. She was a lot braver than her mother was. (That's me by the way, in the picture with Lissa.) I don't think she even looked back. Just went straight up the sidewalk, face up to the sun with excitement and determination, for this, her latest adventure.

I got an email on Thursday and she asked me to post that I will be posting on her blog, when she emails them to me on her Preparation Day. She gets one day a week to do laundry, write letters, etc. (Or part of a day, more likely.)

She is doing well. Misses everyone. Said the first couple of nights were a little rough. I am sure she is missing the communication tools that are part of our daily lives. Facebook, email, Deviant Art, and just web surfing. Missing all her family and friends.

Sorry I am not the writer that she is. My prose tends to be much simpler, less descriptive and more to the point.
On the up side, I am usually a better speller. :D

Look on Tuesday to see if I received an email on Monday to post.
Have a good Labor Day weekend everyone. Be safe.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks or the update! From the picture it looked like she was excited for this new adventure she is embarking on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was ready to get started. It was harder for me I think, to leave her there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We Love You!! Thanks for keeping us posted :) Walker's

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so exciting to be able to see how you are doing!!! Thank you for setting this up for us before you left!! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences with us!! can't wait to hear more!!! Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. actually I'm signed up on your mom's account right now :) Love you!!! Sonja

    ReplyDelete