Monday, May 9, 2011

And thus, I became a father.

And thus, I became a father.

So this week were move calls. I must be incredibly in tune with the spirit, because I saw them coming a mile off. There was only one sister coming on this transfer, and she happened to be a bundi ren (native) from Taidong, my area before Zhongli. Sister Wynder and I both knew her and were excited for her to come to our mission. We both had told her in Taidong, "Maybe someday we will get to be companions". the night before move calls come, trainer calls come. There are some 20 or so sisters in the mission and the odds were that Wang yi hui (the sister coming on) would not be trained by us. But I felt it in my bones, Sister Wynder was training. Everyone thought it was impossible, no way president would place a Sister Wang in Sister Wynder's care. Sister Wynder and I were both really hoping for me to stay another transfer. Really really hoping. But I knew I was out of ZhongLi. Thursday night rolls around and the assistants called. We were headed to Taipei on Friday so we could pick up Sister Wang, Sister Wynder was training. But I didn't know where I was going, I wouldn't know until that night.

On a mission the trainee arrives ahead of the start of the new transfer by a couple of days, so the trainee, the trainer, and the trainer's previous companion are in a tri-panionship. Thus the Trainer becomes the Mother (for sisters) or Father (for elders) and the other companion becomes the other respective parent. And so, thus I have fathered a child.

Friday night I found out I was headed to Banqiao, a city in the Taipei area. My 5th transfer, my 5th area, my 5th companion. Very very unusual. I've asked all the older missionaries and they say in this mission at least most of them have never heard of someone moving so many times, especially in a row! Its a continuation of my life per norm. I've seen a lot of Taiwan by now at least. There was one sister I have deduced who still hast me by a few moves, a long time ago, but she is the only other mover I have heard of.

I left Zhongli with a bit of regret. I really liked that area, the investigators and the members there. As soon as I start developing relationships with people in an area they move me. There were people there that I think were actually sad to see me go.

My new companion is my second Bundi ren (native) a sister Wu. I am her first weiguo ren (foreigner) companion. She is pretty cool so far, very out going. I think we will get along very well. I think being companions will help both of our desired languages grow. So far we have been speaking mostly in Chinese though haha. It feels great to do that.

Moving so much can be a blessing. I get so many chances at a new start.

I get to call home tonight! Or try. Yay!

I love you all. SEND ME MAIL! because I haven't gotten any in a while :'(
Sister Thiessen

melissa.thiessen@myldsmail.net

Sister Melissa Thiessen
Taiwan Taipei Mission
F4, No.24, Lane 183, Chin Hua St.
Taipei, TAIWAN
106-42

No comments:

Post a Comment