Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Little Miracles

This week crawled by in comparison to the per usual fast forward kind of feeling. We had a lot of finding time again, outside in the heat. That's ok though. We got some new investigators that just kind of fell into place. Little miracles.

Tuesday after District meeting we went on exchanges and this time Sister Peterson came here. She was my MTC companion so it was really cool that I got to be her companion for a day out in the field. Also it happened to be on our halfway point week which was pretty sweet. It was like a little progress report almost. A check up to see how far we've come and to motivate us to continue to press on. If anyone knows how much I've changed or how far I've come out here it is Sister Petersen. She has been right along with me since day one at the MTC an eternity ago. We were thinking about how fast it will go from here. 9 months seems like a long time. 36 weeks doesn't. 6 transfers. By my birthday I will only have a few weeks left, abut 1 or 2 transfers. By Christmas it will be in the 10s. June is almost half gone. On one hand I wish I could close my eyes and see the end. On the other I am afraid it will go too fast. I have so much that I want to see get accomplished before then. I wonder where the time will take me.

Wednesday after exchanging back we helped the a fore mentioned Huang Jiemei paint her house. It was blasted hot without an air conditioner (typical in a lot of Taiwanese homes) and only a couple of fans. The Elders in our area came with up to take advantage of the service opportunity. We painted for near three hours, four of us in a comparably small room, because we all had the old fashioned paint brushes, not the rollers. I don't know why or how people use those things, honestly, the rollers are 3 times as fast and 4 times as comfortable to use. Since I considerably take up the tall vote everywhere I go here I was assigned the ceiling since no one else can reach it. It felt like some kind of acrobatic game leaping from window sillto table to stool to couch back to get to the ceiling, constantly with my arm in the air and that dinky little paintbrush...it took me an entire 3 hours to paint the ceiling (most of the way I didn't finish the last 5 feet we were out of time) with that paint brush haha. Ridiculous.

Besides that, Friday is the fateful day of move calls. Maybe I'll stay this time. Its already pretty ridiculous how many times I've moved. But anything can happen at this point. I won't hold me breath either way. Everyone is thinking I will probably stay here in Banqiao another transfer at least with Sister Wu. Maybe my 7th I will go senior. That's pretty late actually but there are just no sisters coming on right now. I think we will only be getting three in the next two or three transfers. I won't complain about the lack of responsibility. I'm just fine with being xiao tongban a little while longer. I will enjoy it as a gift :p

Well that's pretty much it for this week. I love you all, jiayou and write your missionaries!
Sister Melissa Thiessen

No comments:

Post a Comment